Friday, 25 September 2009

It all went well until...

I made homemade ravioli stuffed with chiogga beat and goats cheese. Yum yum!

I'd put a lot of time and effort and love into these little, irregular square shaped parcels, and they were delicious. I had about four and left the rest to dry, destined for the freezer. I nearly screamed when I offered a friend of mine some to take home only to discover - oh horror - they were stuck to the tray!

Yes, my beautiful ravioli were stuck. The bottoms had gone soggy and showed little sign of budging. I have since very carefully done my best to remove these to a towel, where I hope they will be more cooperative. I've got a bunch in the fridge keeping cool. I've got some in the freezer for storage. But my freezer is small, and if I threw them into a bag and chucked it in the freezer I'd have something that resembled a big wad of dough with bits in it instead of the ravioli I had slaved over. With any luck, I'll be able to salvage the little buggers. Because the filling isn't a particularly 'leaky' filling, I reckon that any holes that have magically appeared as the dough has degraded won't cause too much trouble.

We'll see. This will have to be remedied next time. I'll post the recipe in a day or two. In the mean time, I'll curse this little bit of ill luck after all of the hard work that went into what I thought had been a pretty darned good job up until the part where it got messy.

No comments:

Post a Comment